Never Too Late!

Never Too Late!
any resemblance to anyone real or imaginary is mere bad luck
we are all lying in the gutter, but some of us are trying to get up

26.1.05

Paranoia trip

Imagine broadcasting yourself to the web like this? Or on orkut or yahoo personals or what your poison? Imagine just sending off your details to a stranger… and then what? Suddenly there is some unimaginable lunatic always on your phone hammering at your door not leaving your life…

Haha!! You know, there are some people that are in that head-space all the time… Afraid… all the time afraid of something… They're not adventurous... Not like you and me...

Did you ever read Breakfast in Babylon (Serpent’s Tail Press): road novel winding a bleak way through the squats and dirt of all Europe… until finally they reach the end of all hope and come to London…

Where, face it, squats have better broadband than you do. Me, I switched to Bulldog DSL today... I had hardly entered my BT number on their website (look it up yourself, I'm not linking to commercial sites) and was still filling out the rest of the order form when they were on the phone to me from Bulldog... very prompt... pleasantly chatty sales guy...

-You're expansionistic, I was telling him... But you do beat the shit out of the competition...
-Why, thank you for the complement...

In the days before mobile phones I could remember dozens of phone numbers. I think I shall set myself the task of getting to remember all my most important numbers again... Back to using a landline again... Has prestige, these days, having a landline number...