Never Too Late!

Never Too Late!
any resemblance to anyone real or imaginary is mere bad luck
we are all lying in the gutter, but some of us are trying to get up

22.5.05

Ghost stories

The film which grows on the saucers of water left unattended in the séance room. We peel it off the surface of the water and grow ectoplasmic cultures in the warm cupboard under the sink. Globules can be used (must be kept carefully wrapped in wet newspaper, tin foil and plastic bags) to seed opponents’ dwellings with ghostlets. The quivering blobs of raw apparition generally develop to maturity in a couple of months at the most... A strange atmosphere can usually be sensed within a couple of weeks.

Paranoia is your laboratory for concocting strange beings. The "magically controlled paranoia" is a matrix for programming information structures that take on a life of their own.

Damn this central heating. It won’t stop rattling. I drum out a few patterns on the radiator to see if some intelligent entity wishing to establish communication is behind the noise. I can’t tell if we get some sort of an interaction going. Probably just the pipes.

Tucked in with all the ghosts and spirits. Sleep tight, my son, and don’t open your eyes until the sun is up again. I’m trying to find a place to live with like-minded people, who aren’t afraid of ghosts, or of breaking rules made by ghosts.

I’m scared of ghosts. I’m fucking terrified of them. I’ve spent a lifetime running away from them. I don’t fucking like ghosts.

"Call a priest, then."

So then we’d have a Christian ghost... and then what?