Never Too Late!

Never Too Late!
any resemblance to anyone real or imaginary is mere bad luck
we are all lying in the gutter, but some of us are trying to get up

19.2.09

E alemão!

People call this out at me a lot in the streets, hey german! At first it pissed me off, then it started amusing me (to imagine walking around in a Nazi uniform like in the Great Rock n'Roll Swindle and turn around and snap "Ja?"). Then I realised often it's actually affectionate. It's because of my blond hair, you know. Well, it's brown really, but blond by Brazilian standards.

There's an irony in the Nazi war criminals with their infantile racial ideas having fled here, where the thought of any sort of simple-minded racism becomes laughable... Look around, girls, girls, deepest black Afro to blonde Nordic through Japanese and Indian (indígeno and Indian..), and every conceivable mixture cross and combination thereof...