Never Too Late!

Never Too Late!
any resemblance to anyone real or imaginary is mere bad luck
we are all lying in the gutter, but some of us are trying to get up

28.2.08

SixKindsOfChris at 0823 today
That doesn't begin to detail the scope of it: more than 600 public bodies have the power to bug citizens, and the report listed 1,088 cases where the rules were broken in a 9 month period.

Daisy88 at 0842 today
Do you think MI5 is reading this blog, and this comment by me?

liberati at 0847 today
Unlikely. I only got as far as the first sentence

JaneT at 0853 today
How can you feel qualified to comment on something you haven't even read, liberati?

liberati at 0902 today
That's funny. Is this your first time on the internet?

JaneT at 0907 today
Don't patronise me, you wanker

SPECIAL- RELATIONSHIP at 0917 today
I'D JUST LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU TO THE INTELLIGENCE OFFICERS WHO MONITOR US FOR OUR OWN PROTECTION

GCHQopcom #21399# at 0921 today
you're welcome

MaxPersons at 0925 today
It's a difficult balance - our privacy is important, but of course the intelligence services need to be able to do their work without being hindered.

GCHQopcom #21399# at 0929 today
a-men

SixKindsOfChris at 0936 today
It's clear we've completely lost sight of any "balance". Wiretap evidence isn't even admissible in court, and yet we're spying on litterers.

JaneT at 0948 today
GCHQ - are you really monitoring this blog?

GCHQopcom #21399# at 0954 today
Sort of. It's my lunch hour, so I'm listening but I'm not really paying attention

Daisy88 at 0957 today
Hanging is too good for litterers, IMHO

BigDorrit at 1002 today
Eating lunch at 10am are you mad!!!!!!!!!!

GCHQopcom #21399# at 1011 today
I'm on a weird shift - late night Facebook duty. I get hungry at odd times.

ElSmell at 1019 today
I think the security services are doing a great job, but then I feel like I have to say that or I'll be put in jail.

Daisy88 at 1024 today
Yeah, that's why I said that thing about litterers - keep them guessing.

MaxPersons at 1028 today
There are already legal protections in place. The question is whether they are sufficient, and whether they are enforced

JaneT at 1033 today
The question is, what is the best protection against having your phone tapped and your emails read by the govt?

liberati at 1045 today
Being boring

JaneT at 1052 today
You're safe then


comments from 'A Government That Listens' on Guardian blogs