Never Too Late!

Never Too Late!
any resemblance to anyone real or imaginary is mere bad luck
we are all lying in the gutter, but some of us are trying to get up

5.10.05

I am not feeling at all well. I am very stressed out. Everything (already precarious) is about to come crashing down around my ears

absit omen

I have really fucked up a lot of things and I am paying the price now. I'm sick with worry. I have too many obligations to too many people and I can't afford to lose any more time.

Nor can I lose the courage, the conviction (politics and isms are banned from here, but yes, I have fucking convictions, too) to live with:
if, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that'll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.
(Philip K Dick, The Android and the Human, via timboucher.com - go and read the rest of this extract)

Did you find me on the internet yet, girlie? The stats and the traces showed an IP ghost that might have been you, looking for me... Once you find me online, you'll see how intimate I am with my readers and you might be able to put words to that "something missing about you..." What do you think of my double life? Cause I know what I think of you and your tawny skin and your... (oh old and scarred me, hahaa! the years fall away from my shoulders with you!)

4 comments:

Guess??? said...

... I think I may be the ghost you speak of. Tawny skin, yes. But girlie?????

Your double life, I still havent completed my thought process on. Its just a very indepth and complexed situation.
To be honest though, I still have absolutly no idea what your missing piece is. A theory is beginning to puzzle together within my mind, which perhaps I may articulate, one day. But for now the question still remains...
"something missing about you... But I can't quite work out what it is..."

I just hope I am, the ghost you speak of, and I haven't made a complete fool of myself, by getting the wrong end of the stick. Though I would love to know what your thoughts are on me, as Im sure you know who I am. Hopefully, someday soon, I shall know...

I.:.S.:. said...

The ghost speaks!

It was very resourceful of you to find me like this... Imagine someone I worked for got it in his/her head to do the same?

Girlie? If I'm "Mikey", then you can be "girlie"... It's the grammatical diminutive, a term of endearment... Until you create your own online alter ego, and maybe afterwards too, you are whoever I say you are...

x - x said...

Oh is that so???

Well we'll see about that, MIKEY!

Indigobusiness said...

I can't tell if I should get all hot and bothered over this, or just plain creeped out?